Ultra High Tech Incubator

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerland

Reaction score
my first attempt at posting an image.... here goes nothing...

oothcup14fl.jpg

That doesn't really give them much room to hatch. And you have two ooths in there.

:(

How much room do they need to hatch then? I don't expect all of my ooths to be viable. I was my intention to wait until they hatched and transfer them to a ten gallon tank. Would it be wiser to hatch them in the tank? I value your opinion Rick!

thats enough room

ive hatched 2 grandis ooths in a half pt glass before, just be aware of how hard it is to seperate them later...

I am not saying they can't hatch in there but it could cause problems. If you plan on putting them in a ten gallon tank after they hatch just put them in there now. That way you won't have to get them all out of that cup after they hatch. That is a real pain because you will have them going everywhere.

i prerfer to hatch them in something small so that when it comes to the first feeding, when the population is still at its highest, there arent any escapes. I just put the food in the next tank before i put the small container theyre already in, into it open it up and let them spread out...much easier IMO.

I guess we all have our own way of doing this. I also hatch in a smaller container sometimes but not that small. And I find it is easier to just put them in the larger one if you plan on it after they hatch.

Latest posts