under viv heater

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

braidsta

Reaction score
Hey guys,

debating hther or not to add the stick-under-the-glass heater on or not.

My rooms nor that cold and the mntis seems fine but would it benefit any from the heated substrate?

not the heated substrate, no. the general heat of the enclosure, i guess so. the higher temperature would probably lead to an increase in metabolism/activity/appetite/growth rate but be careful to only put the heater under say half the enclosure or less, to allow a gradient. i would reccommend heat lamps over heat mats, but if you want to use one then im sure its fine as long as its not under all of the enclosure.

It also better to put the heat mat on the side of the tank rather than underneath depending on what the tank is made of.

You need to make sure there is an air flow past the mat, otherwise it can either crack the glass or melt the plastic... trust me, i've seen in many times at work.

Well if your room temperature is at an acceptable level you don't need a heater. In the winter if your room gets cold then some type of heater could be useful.

Latest posts