Unicorn spotted in Southern France--possible?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenBean

Reaction score
Hello,

I was in the south of France (above tiny village of Ambialet overlooking the Tarn River--30 mins from the larger town of Albi) the first couple weeks of August this year. I was staying at a medieval monastery high up on a mountain. Behind the sanctuary were plenty of mantids (no doubt, a sign of the very strong presence of God! :) BUT, I found one oddball...a unicorn mantis. Positively. (Who can doubt THAT look?) I have a pic somewhere on my camera if you want to see it. Or is it not such an unusual sight in that part of the world? As far as I can tell, that is, per my best research attempts, they shouldn't be there!! Clues? Epiphanies (for me)? How'd that guy get there?

Hello,

I was in the south of France (above tiny village of Ambialet overlooking the Tarn River--30 mins from the larger town of Albi) the first couple weeks of August this year. I was staying at a medieval monastery high up on a mountain. Behind the sanctuary were plenty of mantids (no doubt, a sign of the very strong presence of God! :) BUT, I found one oddball...a unicorn mantis. Positively. (Who can doubt THAT look?) I have a pic somewhere on my camera if you want to see it. Or is it not such an unusual sight in that part of the world? As far as I can tell, that is, per my best research attempts, they shouldn't be there!! Clues? Epiphanies (for me)? How'd that guy get there?
If I'm not mistaken, Empusa pennata is found in parts of France. They've got a nice big horn so this could be your mantis!

Latest posts