Unplanned photo of my Tau being a badass!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mime454

Reaction score
nEPuR.jpg

Had this hopper in her cage to see if this species had a threat display(they don't). I wasn't expecting her to actually take him down!

Put the mantid on a stick inside a jar, make sure the lid of the jar is sealed tight, and present the jar to a hungry chicken. Your mantid will then not have any problem showing the threat display.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sick. I've never even heard of that species before. Put me down if you get some nymphs. Well, what are the requirements and details about them?

That's sick. I've never even heard of that species before. Put me down if you get some nymphs. Well, what are the requirements and details about them?
I've had the female(pictured) since L3 and the male since sub adult. I kept them at room temperature individually in 32oz deli cups, misting 3-4 times a week. They have been a really easy species for me, and have always taken impressively big food.

One really cool thing is that males(until the adult molt) and females(forever) have transparent throats and legs. You can watch the food travel through them. That's my favorite aspect of this species.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this species shade of green... and wow, she's quite the eater! Those grasshopper's legs can pack a punch, I'm impressed she didn't let it get away.