USPS INFO PLEASE

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Man13

Reaction score
What would happen if I am gone for half a day on the day that my mantises arrive to my house? Would they leave the mantis at my house or would I have to sign off and they would take the mantises back to the postal office?

They wouldn't know what is in the package so it wouldn't apply. I know any postal carriers I've had in the past, and others I shipped to, they will leave the package unless it had signature required (and even then 50/50 if they leave those too with no one around, as several would squibble something on the signature line).

If the package is left on a shaded porch or similar you should not have any problems, should be better than sitting in their truck too. Thankfully I never had any problems with my packages getting stolen, knock on wood, hopefully your area is the same; however, if your really worried call your local post office, give them the tracking number, and have them hold the package for you to pick-up. I've done it before and my post office has always been helpful.

Any mail without signature confirmation they will leave at your doorstep or mailbox if there is one. Packages with signature confirmation they will leave a note for if no one is there to sign for you to take to the post office (Express comes with signature confirmation BUT the seller can waive out of it).

You can intercept packages online if you have a tracking number and tell them to hold it at the post office instead. This would be your safest bet.

If your temperatures are 90+ I would suggest NOT letting them sit on your doorstep. Sometimes the mailman will leave the packages in the sun and the inside of the box will quickly overheat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts