various insects

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pham

Reaction score
just some photos i taken over the last few months with canon 30D and 100 macro lens.

rcrop0036.jpg

resize0150.jpg

resize0159.jpg

r0212.png

crop11.jpg

crop4.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

hope you enjoys them as much as i do.

Bill

How close are you to the subject with the 100 macro lense?
i'm usually about four or five inches away from the subject. all the shot i post in this thread are uncrop ooops the first one is crop. the 100 macro is fix so no zooming MJ. all shot are handheld too. if you need to ask more info about my set up just ask me and i'll try to reply with the right answer for you

Bill

that 1st one bill..have u de-noised it?i was talking to brain about noise yesterday..he was saying that its caused by not enough light hitting the background..this isnt the sort of noise when u put iso on 800..i get it to cause i aint got enough light hiting the backdrop...whats going on with your mantids..pics pics pics.

that 1st one bill..have u de-noised it?i was talking to brain about noise yesterday..he was saying that its caused by not enough light hitting the background..this isnt the sort of noise when u put iso on 800..i get it to cause i aint got enough light hiting the backdrop...whats going on with your mantids..pics pics pics.
lol you only want pics :p how about vids ;)

no MJ that noise is from being crop about 60 percent. i was using iso 100 and f9 that day. yea brian is right about noise being more using higher iso. mostly use high iso when i'm shooting my neice at her swim meet. lousy lighting there and need higher iso and faster glass like my 200 2.8 L lens

Bill

Latest posts