VFT

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddhistsoldier88

Reaction score
Ok, i bought some seeds and read the directions to raise this sweet plant and it says to plant them and place in the fridge for 4 months.... do i need to to that? What have you done?

Yes you do, just like some mantis they need a diapuase. Just like climatis, they have to be wintered over to produce from seed! I have raise my own fruit and vegetables along with flower garden and landscaping for 30 years!

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to be in a soil called Peat moss if you can find it. Some people put it in 100% sphagnum moss. I use half peat and half perlite. Normal potting soil will kill carnivorous plants. Never fertilize carnivorous plants. They should only be watered with purified or reverse osmosis water, rain water is better.

You should register here www.terraforums.com

www.cpukforum.com is another great forum. I pretty much always just put my plants in 100% peat, occasionally I'll add a little somethin else for the nepenthes.

They need to be in a soil called Peat moss if you can find it. Some people put it in 100% sphagnum moss. I use half peat and half perlite. Normal potting soil will kill carnivorous plants. Never fertilize carnivorous plants. They should only be watered with purified or reverse osmosis water, rain water is better.You should register here www.terraforums.com
I got on there but now i cant get back on... anybody else have this prob?

Latest posts