Video in Dedication to Majesty

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree

and when my californicas hatch i will try and send u some real californicas :D
Don't worry I wouldn't stop getting mantids, I have 2 Tenodera sinensis (L3 and L4) right now that hatched from an ootheca I bought online.

Do you mean me? I wonder because I used to refer to Majesty as a Stagmomantis californica when she was really a Stagmomantis limbata. But that's okay, if you're talking to me, because I have 2 Tenodera sinensis and am going to get 2 Phyllocrania paradoxa in the mail next week.

Why is this a sad video? It should be a happy one celebrating her life. I'm sorry for your loss.
It's a sad and a happy video, sad because she's gone, but happy because I did get to experience her and enjoy her, and she had a good life. Thanks.

Fitting rememberance Bro; she looked like a lovely girl. My aging Nikki remains vibrant, but the heavenly chirp of crickets will call her sooner than later. On one of the photographs, Majesty is eating something (pink cube) on your hand. What is that?

Chin up ol' bean.
Thanks. Yeah she was beautiful. She had crooked wings but I didn't care. The one thing I regret is having put her in the window. She ended up losing her feet because the tarsa tore when her walking hairs got stuck in the holes. That's good that Nikki is healthy for now. The pink cube was a piece of watermelon, she liked fruits and vegetables (cherries, strawberries, bananas, cucumbers, etc).

I have two Tenodera sinensis now (bought an ootheca online, they're L3 and L4 now) and am getting two Phyllocrania paradoxa next week.

I thought I knew that name! I've seen your lovely lady on DA

So terribly sorry for your loss dear! She was adorable! Pft was, who am I kidding, IS still adorable!
That's cool that you seen her on DA. There's good photos of her there. I have two accounts and am currently in the process of transferring my animal photos to the other account, and use the other one more for drawings and fan art and such. You can find the new one here if you wanna re-fave or anything: www.alexandersmantids.devianart.com

Yeah it sucks that she died, but that's what happens, I'm glad that she at least had a good life. And only three minutes before she died, I went to take her out of her container and rigor mortis was already kicking in but she was still alive (and pinched me hard, repeatedly, apparently blaming her external surroundings for her pain). I held her in my hand then she threw up and her arm and antennae stopped moving so I knew she died. I'm glad at least that she got to die with me holding her instead of being alone in a cage.

That's cool that you seen her on DA. There's good photos of her there. I have two accounts and am currently in the process of transferring my animal photos to the other account, and use the other one more for drawings and fan art and such. You can find the new one here if you wanna re-fave or anything: www.alexandersmantids.devianart.com

Yeah it sucks that she died, but that's what happens, I'm glad that she at least had a good life. And only three minutes before she died, I went to take her out of her container and rigor mortis was already kicking in but she was still alive (and pinched me hard, repeatedly, apparently blaming her external surroundings for her pain). I held her in my hand then she threw up and her arm and antennae stopped moving so I knew she died. I'm glad at least that she got to die with me holding her instead of being alone in a cage.
She died with her best friend! What more could she ever want! I mean seriously! The best place to be is with someone you love!

:3 you helped me classify Hornet properly of course I remember you!

She died with her best friend! What more could she ever want! I mean seriously! The best place to be is with someone you love!

:3 you helped me classify Hornet properly of course I remember you!
Yeah, I guess I was a sort of 'best friend', being the only living thing to ever spend time with her, day by day. Aside from her prey, haha... :p I don't think she was appreciative or anything, what with being in the process of dying, but it meant something to me, being able to hold her before she died. I think it's interesting that I ended up holding her three minutes before it happened. Also, I believe in 'a better place', and I feel that one's surroundings when they die have a lot to do with where they go. Oh, I let you know that Hornet was a Stagmomantis limbata? Cool lol. And someone corrected ME, that Majesty was Limbata rather than Californica. Mantid owners, we look out for each other, you know? Lol.

I don't think I can upload it... I don't have Youtube or anything. Sorry

I miss seeing pictures of Majesty
smileyvault-tears.gif
I liked seeing pictures of S limbatas other than mine :)

I don't think I can upload it... I don't have Youtube or anything. Sorry

I miss seeing pictures of Majesty
smileyvault-tears.gif
I liked seeing pictures of S limbatas other than mine :)
Oh well that's alright.

Yeah me too, I have some I can upload that's from a video I haven't uploaded yet, will take screen caps and be able to post a few more new ones of Majesty on DA. My account name on DA is AlexandersMantids.

I went to the track today and bet on two horse with Majesty in the name for your Majesty.

They both came in!!!

Thanks Majesty!!

I went to the track today and bet on two horse with Majesty in the name for your Majesty.

They both came in!!!

Thanks Majesty!!
Cool, guess Majesty is a lucky name! Haha if only she would have known she was so famous!