videos

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have to read what the germans wrote. they don't like it, it's Cruelty to animals, in the nature it won't happen etc etc.

it's not nice that they guy put them in a such small container, but in the nature mantis eat mice too. but we do the same if we feed the mantis crix and hoppers.

Watched about two seconds of that and it was just dumb.

I liked it...its amazing how a mantis of that size, can tackle such a large prey. Lets face it, the mouse will more than likely get eaten anyhow. Or put in a freezer to feed to a large reptile...or taken by a bird of prey...or a cat...dog?

Did the mantis actually win? I didn't watch it all because it looked a bit unfair for the mantis.

Might have to go back and watch it then lol

I did't care for the setup, ie sticking them in such a confined space, but other than that it was cool. Shows just how cutthroat nature and survival can be. Survival of the fittest, at all cost. Makes me glad to be a human, that's for sure.

There was a video posted over at arachnoboards like this, only it was with a pinky. It was way worse than this one. In this one, at least the mouse suffered a fairly quick death(in the other only one of the legs and part of the side was eaten).

Amazing that the mantis was able to tackle that mouse though. I need to get me a couple of sphodros, lol.

Thanks,

Andrew

Latest posts