Violins + high protein cricket = bad ooth?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
just curious about all of your experiences.. i have only fed my violins house flies, and now blue bottles... i hatch out hawk moths plenty of times out of the year, wish these violins got big enough for them! lol.. too bad hawk moths are way too big and powferul for most mantids...

anyways, have any of you fed your violins other feeders besides flying insects and have had sucess with good ooths with decent hatch counts?

feeders that are readily available online that dont fly, can any of these be OK?

any specific roach species? i have a TON of dubia roaches.. super worms, superworm beetles, and lol.. crickets..

if anything, do any of you suggest buying some other sort of flying insect that is a little bit bigger than a blue bottle fly? waxworm moths are OK so i have read..

silkmoths?

simply curious...

also, any people on here have any specific rules of incubating violin ooths?

i have mine at around 90 degrees and 50 % humidity level.. its been like 40 days. have any of you had ooths that took longer than 45 days?

I know what you mean about food. Doesn't help this time of year but in the summer I use moths and butterflies I find outside.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts