Wahlbergii or Ocellata?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt020593

Reaction score
What sub species is she?

p3240150.jpg

p3190168.jpg

p3190166.jpg

Matt.

Whalbergii, the colours are more whitish and its sort of hard to explain while ocealata are different, get a picture of the shield for a more accurate ID

Ok this is the best picture I have of one of their sheild's.

Here is one of them at pre sub adult.

IMG_0268.jpg

Matt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, hate to be awkward but i cant see :lol:

If the shield is wider than it is long then its whalbergii, if its like a diamond shape, its the occealtata-thingys

I'll see if I can get anymore pics on thursday of its shield just to be sure. Thanks for the help guys.

Matt.

Whalbergii, the colours are more whitish and its sort of hard to explain while ocealata are different, get a picture of the shield for a more accurate ID
:p You shouldn't use color to try to determine the diff between the two. I can show you pics of one of my P. O, which is very white. Yes, it is Walhbergii. (From the spikes, shield, and pronotrum.) ;)

The shield is wider than the head... doesnt that mean it is a Wahlbergi
i thought it was walbergii because i have both here that are adult..im looking at them and my walbergii looks like the one on this thread.i could be wrong tho :p

seeing as everyone is throwing their "2 cents" in, heres mine: i reckon its ocellata.

Latest posts