• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Want something large(ootheca)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGIGA

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
I'm looking for an ootheca of a large species. "Giant _____" would be perfect. You know, Giant Asian, Giant African, etc. Budwings are great too.

Orchid and PW highly desired (not sure if anyone is willing to sell though)

Please note, I'm only interested in oothecae (fertile ones, of course). I'm in the USA. Thanks.

I'm looking for an ootheca of a large species. "Giant _____" would be perfect. You know, Giant Asian, Giant African, etc. Budwings are great too_Orchid and PW highly desired (not sure if anyone is willing to sell though)

Please note, I'm only interested in oothecae (fertile ones, of course). I'm in the USA. Thanks.
Hi. I have a shield mantis ooth. My female was mated twice back to back in May. She has not mated since. This is her fifth ooth. Laid last night. I will let it go for $20 shipped. It should still hatch but the hatch rate might be a bit lower or it might not.

Hi. I have a shield mantis ooth. My female was mated twice back to back in May. She has not mated since. This is her fifth ooth. Laid last night. I will let it go for $20 shipped. It should still hatch but the hatch rate might be a bit lower or it might not.
How is the size compared with the Giant _____s? How many nymphs come out of an average ootheca of this type?

They are just as large as chinese, giant asian, etc. Ooths are large and hatch 100+ like those others. Probably why they call them giant shield mantids.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts