• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED: Adult Male Orchid

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis_Whisper

Reaction score
If anyone at all knows someone, or has an adult male orchid can you send me a pm. I'm in need of a male for my two adult females. ( MUST BE IN US AREA) I will buy or trade for the male. (Probably send you one fertile ooth from each female if all goes well. More if the females are doing well.)

Plesae send me a pm. Thanks. :)

-Andrea

Good luck... I got three teenage females. It would be nice if all the folks that keep or breed US orchids on this forum would register with thread so we could set up a US orchid breeding network. The lack of males young enough to mate with the ready females is the #1 reason why this species is so hard to re-establish here in the states. Not to mention that when there are males available for a ready female they often have a tendency to become lunch instead of lovers.

I think we should get a thread on what you are currently keeping and keep it updated and have a US and UK section and then if you are looking for something you go there and ask about loans or trades etc

i wish you look..your going to need it.shame there so rare..there one of the best species imo.thats why i have a adult male mug shot as my avatar.. :)

2417170644_17f5f36567.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone at all knows someone, or has an adult male orchid can you send me a pm. I'm in need of a male for my two adult females. ( MUST BE IN US AREA) I will buy or trade for the male. (Probably send you one fertile ooth from each female if all goes well. More if the females are doing well.)Plesae send me a pm. Thanks. :) r u selling any orcid mantis and if u are how much

-Andrea

Good luck... I got three teenage females. It would be nice if all the folks that keep or breed US orchids on this forum would register with thread so we could set up a US orchid breeding network. The lack of males young enough to mate with the ready females is the #1 reason why this species is so hard to re-establish here in the states. Not to mention that when there are males available for a ready female they often have a tendency to become lunch instead of lovers.
Yeah.... It seems that everyone has one, but they never have any adult males or females.

I really wish the females weren't that moody... but that's nature for you.

I think we should get a thread on what you are currently keeping and keep it updated and have a US and UK section and then if you are looking for something you go there and ask about loans or trades etc
That's an amzing idea, some one should pose that to one of the Administrators. It'd help reagulate the breeder population. (and possibly help the Orchid mantis population go up.)

shame ur in the usa as i have 5 adult males
Argh, why do you live so far away? :(

i wish you look..your going to need it.shame there so rare..there one of the best species imo.thats why i have a adult male mug shot as my avatar.. :)
2417170644_17f5f36567.jpg
Thanks... I doubt I'll be able to find one...

So pretty. I think the nypmhs are why I adore this species.

(Yen would probably have one if he was still breeding. :( )

-

Sorry Dusty, not selling any mantids right now. I might have an ant mantis ooth up for sale in a week.

do u have any orchid manitis for sale
no..i have 5 adult males and 2 adult females and 1 subadult female..im keping them all to try and breed them..fingers crossed..tbh i dont think your going to find any..only place you might have a chance is ebay but there going to be well over priced.

no..i have 5 adult males and 2 adult females and 1 subadult female..im keping them all to try and breed them..fingers crossed..tbh i dont think your going to find any..only place you might have a chance is ebay but there going to be well over priced.
Rebecca said a few days ago that she might have some available in july later july

Latest posts