• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Male Chinese Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obregon562

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Im mantis sitting for a friend and he has a big healthy female chinese mantis. I asked if i could attempt to breed her and he said yes. So, if anyone out there has a male chinese or two or three id be very grateful. All ooths will be split between my friend and you.

Thanks a ton!

Frankie

I am going out looking this week. The mantids aer adults around here. Maybe if I find one I can ship it to you.

ok thanks rick! i actually might try that myself...if i just did that thing were you put the female outside in a container to attract males...would that work?

Thanks for everythig!

Using the female as bait will work if you get her near the area where you found her, or where you know there might be mantids. Using a cage with lots of ventilation will work best.

Put her near some vegetation and feed her up - she'll need to be at least 10-15 days old before she is likely to attract any males (being old enough and well-fed enough to emit pheromones).

Good luck!

Latest posts