• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted! Mantids and old ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Still seeking US mantids and old ooths for the Bugfest event.

So far we have the following:

bark mantis

chinese mantis

texas unicorn mantis

brunners mantis

carolina mantis

Seeking other stagmomantis species, ground mantids, european mantis, etc. Also if you have any old ooths that have already hatched those would be nice as well. If you send those be sure to label what they are. I have quite a few but anything unusual (idolomantis) would be awesome. Asking for donations of these items but I will purchase them if need be. We only have a couple more weeks. Thanks!

Still seeking US mantids and old ooths for the Bugfest event. So far we have the following:

bark mantis

chinese mantis

texas unicorn mantis

brunners mantis

carolina mantis

Seeking other stagmomantis species, ground mantids, european mantis, etc. Also if you have any old ooths that have already hatched those would be nice as well. If you send those be sure to label what they are. I have quite a few but anything unusual (idolomantis) would be awesome. Asking for donations of these items but I will purchase them if need be. We only have a couple more weeks. Thanks!
Hi mate,

I have an hatched idolomantis ootheca I can donate for you :)

PM me if you want it :)

I have some old molted exoskeleton (Brittle) and a few hatched ooth of my own. I will put up a list .... let me know if you need them!

-Sorry....I checked...I threw away those molted exoskeleton but I still have all the hatched/infertile ooth. Let me know if you are interested and send me your address.... I can send them to you for free.

9-10 unfertilized Ghost Mantis Ooth

2 Hatched Chinese ooth

1 Hatched European Ooth

1 Hatched Stagmomantis (not sure if it is S.carolina)

3 Unfertilized Arizona Unicorn ooth

1 Hatched Texas Unicorn ooth

10+ Hatched H.brunneriana ooth

3-4 Hatch C.gemmatus ooth

3-4 Hatched P.whalbergii ooth

3 Hatched Gambian Spotted Eye Ooth

1 Unfertilized Giant Shield ooth

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Rick,

Here are some picture of ooth and dried up mantis, If you need them....

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

I am not sure those dried up mantis will survive the trip but definitely I will send the ooth

Hey Rick,Here are some picture of ooth and dried up mantis, If you need them....

IMG_5487.jpg

IMG_5489.jpg

IMG_5490.jpg

IMG_5491.jpg

IMG_5492.jpg

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

I am not sure those dried up mantis will survive the trip but definitely I will send the ooth
We could really use the donations of the ooths. THe mantids would be great but I wonder how they would travel and if you wanted them back it would be even less of a chance they would make it. I will leave that up to you. The ooths though we could really use. If you could just make sure you label them. ;) Thanks much.

Latest posts