• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WANTED spiders!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colorcham427

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am interested in orb weaver spiders, arrowhead spiders, and really colorful spiders and jumping spiders. Any1 up for trades? Sales? Email me or PM me. [email protected], thanks!

Some species that I am interested in:

Argiope trifasciata

Argiope aurantia

Argiope argentata

Misumena vaita

Leucauge venusta

This is a list from floridabackyardspiders.com I would love to have these too! lol

Arrowshaped Orbweaver (Micrathena sagittata)

Basilica Spider (Mecynogea Lemniscata)

Giant Lichen Orbweaver (Araneus bicentenarius)

Golden Silk Orbweaver (Nephila clavipes)

Golden Silk Orbweaver (Nephila clavipes)

Orchard Orbweaver (Leucauge venusta)

Orchard Orbweaver (Leucauge venusta)

Pale Longjawed Orbweaver Spider (Tetragnatha pallescens)

Florida Argiope (Argiope florida)

Spotted Orbweaver (Neoscona domiciliorum)

Starbellied Orbweaver (Acanthepeira stellata)

Trashline Orbweaver (Cyclosa caroli)

Trashline Orbweaver (Cyclosa caroli)

Triangle Orbweaver (Verrucosa arenata)

Tropical Orbweaver (Eriophora ravilla)

Tropical Orbweaver (Eriophora ravilla)

Yellow Garden Orbweaver (Argiope aurantia)

Yellow Garden Orbweaver (Argiope aurantia)

I am also interested in Vampire crabs!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a nice big female* nephila clavipes if you want it. I caught it near my dock.

* I think it's a female, because it sure is big!

I have a ton of western spotted orb weavers. Crazy big females that are almost 2" tip to tip. They make giant and elaborate webs if you let them. I've seen some 8' webs built in only a few days.

Neoscona oaxacensis

Kara, what color are they? I catch and let these orb weavers I find in my area loose in my basement. lol that's right, these orb weavers are NATURAL AND BEAUTIFUL FLY CATCHERS lol!!!

They spin webs around 24 inches in diameter. They look like Neoscona oaxacensis but they are darker than most of the pix I found on google...?

Hey, sorry for the late reply. The ones around here tend to be grey or black with yellow and red on their backs, red and black striped legs, and red and yellow patterns on their bellies. Very colorful spiders!

dude, i got you some headed your way. Oh yeah, they spin golden webs, lol. And one eggs sack.

Last edited by a moderator:
got em my man lol thanks bro sure to send you some cool things soon! any other people who have huge orb weavers let me know! I let these guys free range in my basement and they all posted up.. although 1 is MIA!!! lol

but the 2 remaining that have spun beautiful webs already are catching loose flies from left to right. best fly catching system ever!

I came across this the other day. Some kind of orb weaver? If you want it, I can try to nab him.

309519_2034417546141_1415254108_1702687_1425727235_n.jpg

hey you, I love your offer but I already have some of those pretty gals and actually am getting my family worked up over keeping so many of these things! lol thanks for the offer though! very thoughtful of you! hope your idolo is doing great!

Latest posts