Warning/Threat poses. Post em if you have em

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex 1

Reaction score
Below is an adult male d. dessicata's threat pose. I don't recall seeing it anywhere else, so here you go. This little guy is real excitable. I like to have it spar with my finger.

dessicatawarning.jpg

That's a cool pose!

Here's my Chinese Bionic Mantid With his weapon of choice... "Hiiii Yaaaa!"

hiya22223cr.jpg

img19674mi4rk.jpg

3935345md5li.jpg

Oh their so cute. I don`t have any mantid at the mo, I keep only spids.But I`ll look forward to getting some as soon as I`ve learnt enough to keep them happy.

Can`t wait. :lol:

FieroRumor please get permission before using my pics or anyone else's! Thank you.

FieroRumor please get permission before using my pics or anyone else's! Thank you.
:!: Sorry about that Rick, I didn't know who took those (They were in my "Misc. Mantid Pics" folder...)

ahh so thats a threat pose, i thought my mantids want hugs.

also what does a mantis "bite" feel like?

It's a pinch. The tip if the arm is needle sharp and can easily draw blood.
yeah as i found out! what a shock. :oops:

still she hasn't done t since 1st day so maybe she just paniced.

what about when they grab you?
It's a pinch. The tip if the arm is needle sharp and can easily draw blood.
thought as uch. do mantids seldom pinch?
I would say it's very rare, I've never had it happen to me, though once a Budwing female started doing that 'nibbling' thing on my hand they do which usually tickles and it hurt a bit.

Usually don't have an issue with my mantids grabbing me. However when you're catching wild mantids it's a whole different story.