Warning to all dog owners!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MandellaMandy123

Reaction score
I just got my dog back from the vet hospital after she ate an entire box of holiday Belgium chocolates last night while no one was looking. Luckily she's okay now, but it was close (not to mention the huge vet bill and the fact that I'm now sick from staying up until 4 AM at the vet...) It's getting to be around Christmastime again, so if you have a dog, make sure to watch the chocolates! The little pooches can be really sneaky.

~Wolfie

Chocolate is toxic to many living things. I was a veterinary tech, I saw quite a few dogs with chocolate toxicity this time of year. Glad to hear your dog is going to be ok, sorry about your cold. Emergency vet bill. Ouch. Dog owners please be careful.

I'm glad your dog is okay. Those vet bills are killer. I found the best way to avoid that issue with my dogs is to eat all of the chocolate as soon as it gets in the house. Yum!

My sweet sister, when having to put her old baby down, took some hersheys kisses in her pocket and gave to her right before her shot. She said she always felt bad eating candy around her and thought it could not hurt her now as she only had minutes to live. So she got to give her a sweet treat. Breaks me old heart!

Well, my dog and I are both doing better as of today. Lesson learned - no more chocolate in the house!

Chocolate is toxic to many living things. I was a veterinary tech, I saw quite a few dogs with chocolate toxicity this time of year. Glad to hear your dog is going to be ok, sorry about your cold. Emergency vet bill. Ouch. Dog owners please be careful.
Yes, it's interesting how something that isn't toxic to humans can be so bad for other animals. I thought it was just dogs, but you're right - other animals are affected too. So cat owners beware as well! All pet owners, as a matter of a fact.

my dog was just born on thursday and i have no plans on letting him eat chocolate
What? How is it your dog if it was just born on Thursday? Did your dog have puppies, or are you going to get it from a breeder who already said he would be yours? (or are you just pulling my leg? LOL :lol: )

I'm glad your dog is okay. Those vet bills are killer. I found the best way to avoid that issue with my dogs is to eat all of the chocolate as soon as it gets in the house. Yum!
That's a good idea! Haha.

My sweet sister, when having to put her old baby down, took some hersheys kisses in her pocket and gave to her right before her shot. She said she always felt bad eating candy around her and thought it could not hurt her now as she only had minutes to live. So she got to give her a sweet treat. Breaks me old heart!
Aw, that's really sweet. I don't even want to think about having to put my dog down for about another 15 years (she's only three years old), but when the time comes, I'll remember that.

yea, wish I would of though of it, I have lost two, one to cancer and one to old age.
Aw, I'm sorry. :( I've never lost a dog before, because this is my first one, but I know how sad I was when I lost my hamster and my parakeet, so I can imagine what it must be like to lose a dog. Too bad they can't live forever... Cancer is such a terrible thing - I really really wish that more money was being put into research to find a cure. Anyway, do you have any dogs right now?

i am gettin a labradoodle next year

its a few days old now
How exciting! Do you have any pictures of it yet?

Latest posts