• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WC Idolomantis Ooths

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Villosa

Reaction score
Hi Again,

Sorry about the wait, had such a hard time finding my camera for some reason, finally borrowed a friend's...

Anyway I'm down to my last 5 idolomantis ooths and here, at last, are the pictures. So sorry about the blurry shots.

Idolomantis1.jpg

Kept in a cool room, waiting for a new home!

Idolomantis2.jpg

My name, so we know I'm in possession of them along with a date.

idolomanis3.jpg

Sharpie for scale, these monsters are BIG!

Same deal here, $100 each plus $20 Express (highly recommended) or $7 Priority. If you want all please let me know and I will work out a fair deal. Other than that, I might be getting more, I might not, depends on my contacts really.

Thanks for looking!

-Michael (Villosa)

So far, two confirmed hatching, not going to lie, but that's low but I'm in contact with my buyers often checking up on them. People who expressed concern about low or no hatching can be at ease, I will get replacements for them!

-Michael

Villosa, It may be in your best interest to ask some of these "recent" customers to update your feedback thread. It is in my best interest to share your feedback thread: http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=10569
Hi Peter,

the people I've sold to recently are local to me since my rep here is horrible. I have nothing to hide, the only thing I have is my eBay feeback which has a recent sale, a high priced microscope I had to sell to make ends meet. If that's acceptable I will post the link to my profile. I can even put in buy it now on eBay if a buyer here agrees to buy and pay asap through eBay and paypal.

EDIT #2: Link removed due to some people contacting me through ebay. Please PM me here. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have worked to support your reputation and protect buyers. Now, I'm concerned that you are setting yourself up for more negativity.

In my opinion, you are risking your reputation by selling WC ooths. First, they may not be fertilized (size looks good though). Second, they may have been dead when collected. Third, they may have been exposed to adverse weather during shipping. Fourth, they are subject to your care (not worried about that). Fifth, they would need to be shipped again and potentially exposed to adverse weather. Sixth, the customer may not provide the correct care. So many variables and with only two confirmed hatches and at a hundred bucks a pop...well, the results are predictable.

I think you'd be better off hatching one (or more, if they hatch) yourself and selling them for $25+ each.

Local buyers, eh?

I do look forward to seeing your improved reputation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have worked to support your reputation and protect buyers. Now, I'm concerned that you are setting yourself up for more negativity. In my opinion, you are risking your reputation by selling WC ooths. First, they may not be fertilized (size looks good though). Second, they may have been dead when collected. Third, they may have been exposed to adverse weather during shipping. Fourth, they are subject to your care (not worried about that). Fifth, they would need to be shipped again and potentially exposed to adverse weather. Sixth, the customer may not provide the correct care. So many variables and with only two confirmed hatches and at a hundred bucks a pop...well, the results are predictable.

I think you'd be better off hatching one (or more, if they hatch) yourself and selling them for $25+ each.

Local buyers, eh?

I do look forward to seeing your improved reputation.
Thanks for the concern Peter, I think I will try to hatch one out. As far as people who are local, they were all old fish hobby friends who I used to work with. One of them being my manager. I got them pretty interested in mantids and we co-op on the shipping fees etc while I sell to them at half price for their help.