Welcome in Switzerland

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mëluzynn

Reaction score
Some people seems to be interrested by the place where I live, I'll start a topic with some picture :)

First, a link about my town : La Chaux-de-Fonds it's a good resumé with some pictures.

I'll post my pictures later, I have to select some, if you are interrested :)

But for now, it's more like this... Dark (00:30am) and snowing...

30280110.jpg

(iPhone 4 + Hipstamatic)

Oh, to be a lady of leisure. :lol:
Lol

In fact it's a bit different in Switzerland, we have a different health system. I have an annuity from the government (invalidity insurance) because of my cervical slipped disks (that's how my dictionary translate it, cervical hernia maybe). I work partially in freelance as an Infographiste and Webdesigner from my home.

I found that link about it : http://www.ch.ch/private/00045/00046/00568/00573/index.html?lang=en

Some people get a similar benefit here. We call it disability.

One can pay for private disability insurance, in case some kind of accident or illness. The government provides Social Security disability for some people as well. It is taken out of everyone's income, provided they are on the books.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get my Social Security "statement" and it makes absolutely NO sense to me. If I were to become "disabled" (whatever that is these days) NOW, I would be paid more than if I worked until I was 72. Something's not right. But THEN, you get SSI (supplemental security income?) to help pay for food and shelter. I see the drain on the American economy when I actually know some of these "disableds". I guess you gotta know how to work the "system".

I am not dismissing your condition, but just stating how it seems to work here in the US.

Way to be sensitive^ :p

Anyways i love the snow and sadly its 50 here in ct and foggy

U need to sleep more :lol: i go to bed at 10pm and still wake up tired and almost fall asleep in boring classes at school

Do u ever see northern lights where u live?

Some people get a similar benefit here. We call it disability.

One can pay for private disability insurance, in case some kind of accident or illness. The government provides Social Security disability for some people as well. It is taken out of everyone's income, provided they are on the books.
It's a bit different here, hard to find the good words to explain, I'll think of it and try to explain later ^^

I get my Social Security "statement" and it makes absolutely NO sense to me. If I were to become "disabled" (whatever that is these days) NOW, I would be paid more than if I worked until I was 72. Something's not right. But THEN, you get SSI (supplemental security income?) to help pay for food and shelter. I see the drain on the American economy when I actually know some of these "disableds". I guess you gotta know how to work the "system".

I am not dismissing your condition, but just stating how it seems to work here in the US.
The annuity I get is like a vital minimum, it's quite enough to live but not enough to travel or to have a car or stuff like that. But it's better than noting, thanks God I have a nice apartment, water, electricity, heat, food, Internet. It's more than a lot of people :)

Way to be sensitive^ :p

Anyways i love the snow and sadly its 50 here in ct and foggy

U need to sleep more :lol: i go to bed at 10pm and still wake up tired and almost fall asleep in boring classes at school

Do u ever see northern lights where u live?
Since a few days it's snowing, snowing and snowing again... With a lot of wind, fog and when there is no snow there is rain...lol

And I never sleep early, insomnia is my best friend ^^

Wow that is beautiful!!!!

Can't wait to see more!
Actual pictures are boring, white everywhere...lol

Taken this afternoon from the bus stop. iPhone4 + my beloved Hipstamatic :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest posts