What are your fruit fly media recipes?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbugir

Reaction score
Hey all again,

I'm going to the Rep Store tomorrow to buy me 1 or 2 fruit fly cultures because I might be buying some nymphs! (last 3 cultures died...sigh, and the reason they died was because of no media left over). So I was curious, if anyone makes their own cultures, what recipes for the media/medium do you have?

Thanks in advance :D

Hey all again,I'm going to the Rep Store tomorrow to buy me 1 or 2 fruit fly cultures because I might be buying some nymphs! (last 3 cultures died...sigh, and the reason they died was because of no media left over). So I was curious, if anyone makes their own cultures, what recipes for the media/medium do you have?

Thanks in advance :D
First, look at Orin's sticky at the top of this section. Second, read this extremely long thread, started two yars ago tomorrow, if you have time on yr hands:

http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...ic=7715&hl=

I read that thread =) and hopefully plan to get some nymphs later as well. But what I'm curious about - and I've seen a few thread on it, is how to get the little buggers out. ( hope this doesn't count as cursing =0) The 32 oz deli cup seems to be difficult for me - when I bought some FF's in it, i'd always let at least a dozen out.

Not to mention the one time I left the lid cracked, and god knows how many escaped into my living room. Gotta' take it easy on the sauce before I feed the mantids.

just tap a few of the little devils out, u will get used to the escapees soon and not even notice them. Humm, whats that in my teeth? ^_^
Had one crawling on my head yesterday. <_<

Latest posts