what do I do

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueb4653

Reaction score
This ghost this morning was in this position after molting and in the same position after and have come home from work I don't it can close the front raptors

what do I do?

DSCN1002.jpg

Your wording wasn't clear. It can NOT close its front raptors? Don't stress it. Give it until tomorrow before you try to handle it. :)

It has mismolted, to a degree. It is probably too late, because it hardened like that and she wont be able to use them this instar like that, but you can mist her with a lot of semi-warm water and let the left over exoskeleton soften, then gently pull it off of her...

If u are willing to hand feed her every meal, until she molts, most likely her next molt should correct this...if u don't want to deal with her, you could humanely kill her (whichever process u deem fit) or offer her up for sale to someone who could give her the special attention she would require...

All the best,

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
I am willing to send her to whoever wants her just pay shipping I dont have the time with my work schedule lately to hand feed

pm me if you want her

I think she's just a bit freaked out by the extra skin on her raptors, if you can gently pull it off(mist first) it may help, she doesn't look that bad off?

She's probably just cleaning the stuff you can't see, I'll bet she'll be fine soon enough. Or she thinks it's bad and will chew it off to try to save herself? Hard to say with out seeing her in person, but I think the first is true.

Latest posts