what do you use for room temperature?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starving Always

Reaction score
I'd like to know how you measure the temperature of the room you're keeping your mantids in. i dont have a built-in air conditoner or heater so I can't change or know the temperature of where I'm storing them in. I'm thinking of getting a digital infoor thermometer. would that help? what do you think?  Screenshot_2016-02-11-14-49-11.png

thanks, Kai

I use a temperature gun to check stuff, I got it to measure temperatures in my monitor enclosure but it works for whatever. It measures surface temps, not ambient though. The one pictured could be awesome though if it's accurate, It's always good to know both temperature and humidity in a room to adjust how you keep the animal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly use the stickers you get for fish tanks, the little black strips. I've always trusted them for some reason, because if the glass is hot, then clearly the inside is hot, even though I may not feel it personally. I think simple is the easy way to go, try looking at normal gauges in pet stores maybe. 

it's pretty easy to read the black stickers actually, it's a color thing, blue and red depending on temp. I think there's digital ones too, but I'm far too lazy to replace batteries.

it's pretty easy to read the black stickers actually, it's a color thing, blue and red depending on temp. I think there's digital ones too, but I'm far too lazy to replace batteries.
I'm measuring my humidity and temp of enclosure by just simply putting the gauge? in it. it's pretty small and can fit w/o disturbing it. :)

Latest posts