What happened to the mealworm pupa?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collinchang635

Reaction score
There were a lot of mealworm pupa in a container full of mealworms. They all disappeared for no reason. I really don't know why. Could the mealworms have eaten them while they were still soft? I noticed one pupa that just molted. I was still coming out of its exoskeleton. The next day, I couldn't find it anymore. What is happening to the mealworm pupa?

There were a lot of mealworm pupa in a container full of mealworms. They all disappeared for no reason. I really don't know why. Could the mealworms have eaten them while they were still soft? I noticed one pupa that just molted. I was still coming out of its exoskeleton. The next day, I couldn't find it anymore. What is happening to the mealworm pupa?
The larvae of these beetles will eat any soft invertebrate that cannot get away, particularly if there is not enough bran for them to feed on.

Eaten. They need to be separated if you want them to survive and have larvae at different stages of development.

Latest posts