what if the express package was delayed and the mantis died??

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happens more often than you think....Infact soon the PO will be making express a 2 day guarantee and priority could be 3-5 days.

Did the person who shipped to you guarantee live arrival? Its not the PO who does this although if the package shows up late USPS owes a refund for the shipping which Im sure the seller owes you back.

Refunds are not as easy to get back from the PO as you might think, and the seller is usually just "out" the money either way.

The way I package my nymphs, PO delays shouldn't be an issue (I take that into consideration when I pack!), so...you should contact your seller & see if they will "make it right", even if it wasn't their fault. I know *I* would. (And if it was me, I truly apologize!) :eek:

I do have on my site that "we are not responsible for carrier delays", but that is mostly for those worriers who are like "where's my mantis, where's my mantis???" :p

I have had things in the mail for over a week & they still arrived alive & healthy...even in the dead of winter!

Remember, though, that attitude is everything, and you win more "flies with honey" so to speak. Don't directly accuse your buyer, but let them know that you are disappointed, in a kind, blameless way. It can be hard, especially if you are frustrated.

Oh, yeah. And Express is two-day to mostly RURAL locations. It actually says on the PO website that Express is "one-day to most locations", but they don't tell you whether your destination is a one-day location or two day when you create the label...you just have to "know" from experience, and it has been my experience that, if the destination is fairly rural, it is likely to be a two-day destination. If you know this, it is best to advise your seller, so that extra precautions can be taken (insulation, heat or cold packs.)

Thank you so much for answering my question :) my first male idolos mismolted and the second one just simply died on the way:( T^T crying now

It happens. Express is sometimes not overnight. I don't live in a rural area but it takes two days for me.

GreenOasis - Does this sometimes still happen with FedEx or DHL or the like that guarantee overnight delivery?

I just sent a expensive adult mantis from Michigan to Tennessee, so it seemed like for sure 1 day express, right? Wrong, when I got to the PO to send it nice and early in the day on Thurs I was shocked to learn it wouldn't be there till Sat by 3pm, so I'm very glad with the cooler weather setting in I included a heat pack that I was thought was maybe not needed when I was packaging it that morning, so the lesson learned for me(and for you) was be over prepared, and be ready if things take longer than you thought.

I live in a very rural location, very few places I can send an express overnight package to here in TN and I can tell you having family thats managment at the largest USPS hub in the country in Memphis they said change is coming, all who are using priority will soon see a 3-5 day delivery time, Express will become 2 day all over.

Refunds are not as easy to get back from the PO as you might think, and the seller is usually just "out" the money either way.
USPS express is guaranteed either way, some locations are 2 day and many are overnight. If you have the label slip and receipt it is easy to get a refund for a late or lost package, I have shipped and received thousands of express packages in the last decade, more than 20 a week every week and never had issues getting a refund. Should the box be entirely lost there is still a refund owed. They scan all express as its delivered, 5 minutes late and you can get a shipping refund. There was a reputable person in the dart frog hobby for yrs just pocketing express shipping refunds before people caught on, if the package is late there no reason the shipper cant refund your shipping cost. I do it when it happens.

UPS, DHL and even FedEx have guaranteed arrival times on overnight shipments but FedEx seems to have the best on time delivery record but the price is more.

So for anyone who has an express package show up late, and the seller claim shipper error or whatever just remember they are likely collecting a shipping refund themselves that you are owed.

Insurance is included in express, but you cant claim it for something your not supposed to be shipping. Its the actual shipping charge your refunded. As for the changes in delivery times, its about their budget cuts and attempts to keep USPS open and functioning.

The internet and all the email has put a major glitch in how the US PO makes money now a days, so some change was inevitable, as much as I don't like it I do understand it.

You get $100 insurance on a express box and have to purchase more if needed, but as Bug Trader stated you won't want to try that on the things your shipping, they frown on multi legged creepy crawlies in their mail, Haha!

And yeah if it's even 2 minutes late(you can check it online) you get a total refund with your express receipt in hand.

Thanks for starting this post! thanks Greenoasias for giving us some answers too , your right on!

The seller should replace the mantis or give refund for express, always ask if in doubt what they will do if it dies, that is in either case late or not.

Lately I have had a lot of trouble with the usps or better known as "the postoffice". My post office was one that closed last year, and it has been one doubble hockey sticks ever since. It was bad enough, I would come home in real tears just dealing with the post mistress up there, but now things are worse. I have over a dozen express that were not deliver on time this last two weeks or so. Now they are telling me that unless the packages are in the "REAL POST OFFICE" not just scaned when they pick them up that they are not guaranteed! what the hel....l? and hibiscy don't swear! what do u mean, I almost punched the last one in the face, I took my papers back and told them I would do my business elsewhere, so I left and went to another stupid post office... :1eye: , so now I gotta fight on my hands, but I do not feel well enough to handle it, so don't know what I am gonna do. They keep me upset, so I may have to take some drugs before I talk to them again. can u imagine, 500.00 dollars in express and they are not going to be guaranteed. :taz: :shuriken: :poop: :ninja: :taz: :taz: :taz: I cannot even remember what all I was going to say now, so good thing oasis did most of the answers!!!

Id suggest contacting mgmt of whatever main hub is near you. The post masters answer to them and they will give you the answers you need and help especially if your a frequent shipper. They also swear by online accounts so if your printing labels to have boxes picked up they can require the driver to scan them all as he takes them. Every US express package is guaranteed to be on time.

Yea, try getting someone to take your call, u r a funny guy! I have to almost call them every monday as it takes them till after 5 to pick up most times. I do print on the usps site for express as the paypal site now will not let you do express with a signature for the customer, it is automatically waived. So now instead of just printing labels quickly at paypal, you have to type in each address at the usps site, and if someone changes their address and needs it sent somewhere else and u don't have that available, well GOOD LUCK! :eek:nline2long: but really, I was told by the post mistress in valley city that unless it was received by 4 pm they were not guaranteed, and all mine from any day in question is after 4pm then I asked the sub post lady and she said the same thing, mind u all now I am gettting hard of hearing and the sub is pulling into the yard and blowing the horn, never heard her, if hubby would not of seen her, she was just going to take off. I installed a really loud doorbell and have wrote on the wall to ring them both, never gonna happen is she don't get out of the truck and come to the door. Grannyma is gonna have a fit real soon.... :ninja:

Latest posts