What is Something that Means Everything to You?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had pandas from China at the Toronto Zoo for a couple years and the boys got to see them before they moved on to the Calgary Zoo. They loved it!

My wife is looking for the black and white Guinea Pigs that have markings like a panda for Cameron. We'll see.

Then... he discovered praying mantises.
This is a nice birtday or christmas present for him: ;)

61jro6fH50L._SL1200_.jpg

That is funny that he wants a panda :)  I hope you can find a guinea pig! You could even name it Panda!

- MantisGirl13

@Little Mantis

That's a great idea for Christmas. He's always carrying "stuffies", especially mornings and evenings. He'd get good use out of it! 😁 

@MantisGirl13

That's a great idea for a name - Panda! 

When we receive our new mantids, I imagine we'll have Panda and Pennywise as names. 🙄 (Caleb is crazy about Pennywise the clown, from IT)

@hysteresis lol, how did Caleb become such a "Pennywise fan"? Not exactly the most popular obsession for a kid haha. Did he watch the movie? I did, and after that, I'd ing think he would like Pennywise that much lol.

@Cole 78

He came across the concept of Pennywise with all the movie PR and hype online. He loved the creepy clown.

We let them sit down to watch the new IT. Pretty much 2 minutes and they said NOPE and took off.

My wife showed him the original movie adaptation with Tim Curry. He watched that one about ten times. LoL.

After that, he put his chin up and was able to watch the new movie. Now it's nothing scary to him.

What remains is he's crazy for Pennywise. He's wanted to name a mantis that for a while now. LoL.

My mantid's, my vintage jewarly my haunted jewelry. My family and friends and other pets. And my new spider Munchkin.

They are pretty furry! I guess the black one is Panda and the tan and white one Penny? They are cute names! I bet your boys love them!

- MantisGirl13

@MantisGirl13 yup.

At first they didn't believe they were real.

Once they got close, Cameron literally started shaking with excitement. 

Yes the black one is Cameron's Panda.

Penny is short for Pennywise.

Caleb still asked about the new Mantises. Still waiting for a heat pack on our breeder's end.

@MantisGirl13 yup.

At first they didn't believe they were real.

Once they got close, Cameron literally started shaking with excitement. 

Yes the black one is Cameron's Panda.

Penny is short for Pennywise.

Caleb still asked about the new Mantises. Still waiting for a heat pack on our breeder's end.
Lol :)  Cool! 

- MantisGirl13

Awww! Those GP are so cute! Are they teddy bear GPs?
@Prayingmantisqueen we're not sure.

My wife picked them up and the receipt simply said "guinea pig".

We are in the process of learning to identify recognized breeds, but they may be mixed.

We know they have long hair, not curly. They have a couple twirls of fur (rosettes) by their tail.

Penny and Panda were said to be sisters from the same litter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts