What is the fastest breeding cockroach?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a joke Orin, you know me better than that and that I have raised many myself :oops:& have been over to see yours and asked about getting some from you... Lighten up!

Rebecca,

This is what Kyle at the Roach Crossing says about German Roaches (Blattella germanica):

"Yes, this is the infamous German roach. After years of propagating and accidentally crashing my colony of this species, I can offer the insight that a pest is only as bad as the conditions that led to its enumeration. In a typical, cleanly house, there is little chance of this species becoming strongly established. However, this species can easily infest the favorable micro climates created for raising other roaches as well as vivarium and aquarium equipment. Keep at your own risk, but sleep soundly knowing the risk of drowning in a sea of German roaches is incredibly low. These roaches do breed like roaches!"

Apparently, Kyle was never in our kitchen back in New Jersey. :D
I had 8 species and that one worried me the most. I ended up getting rid of them. The mantis liked them, but I was too worried they would get loose.

I had 8 species and that one worried me the most. I ended up getting rid of them. The mantis liked them, but I was too worried they would get loose.
As I had touched on earlier, the only place I've experienced an out-of-control situation was central New Jersey. Our house (or more specifically my parents house) was about 30 minutes from Midtown Manhattan. Maybe it was the proximity to a large urban center, but if you went down to the kitchen in the middle of the night, and turned on the lights, they would scatter like .......... well ........... roaches. Anything you didn't want crawled on had to be put in the fridge. Granted we weren't the most OCD cleaning people in the world.

Last edited: