What is your/ your mantid's favorite grub?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use crickets mostly as they are easier for me to get, for species that need flying food i catch some big bluebottles for them, hoverflies seem the perfect one as they fly and are pollinators, i`ll feed my mantids wasps but not bee`s or butterflies/moths, i like bee`s and they are getting real rare now :(

chomp.

2667040947_73106d30bc_b.jpg

Mantids seem to prefer fast, flying and buzzy things (they seem to know whats best for them, flight muscle) but as a rule most are opertunistic feeders, if they dont like it they reject it. Also as i want to succeed with them i only offer them insects as aposed to fatty food items.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend brought his ghost mantid to my house today. Tried to make it eat a tadpole. Unfortunately the ghost mantid struck but missed. After that, it didn't try anymore.

Update....for whatever reason we have bee immitating fly's everywhere. There really large to, so that has filled my mantids for quite some time now.

Latest posts