What time of year to buy Violin ooths/nymphs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Logan12197

Reaction score
First post :)

I am looking to possibly get some violins and everywhere I look seems to be out. What time of year are the fertile ooths and/or nymphs going to be available?

Sorry if this is a noob question or is in the wrong forum section, I'm new to the mantis thing :p

Thanks in advance,

Logan

Yes at my place. :cowboy:But are you talking about Violins in the wild?

Nikkko has a ton of Violins, check out his pics and such, it's good stuff.

Seasonal factors only apply to wild mantids in your area. All mantids in culture are available during all months, it's just a question of details: who you know, who's breeding what, shipping methods, regulations applicable to your area, etc. etc.

If you're looking for a particular species, introduce yourself in the introductions forum and then keep an eye on the classifieds section. You can either watch and wait to see people offering Violins or you can be proactive and post your desires.

Violins can be purchased year round since they are captive bread.

Someone is always selling them on the classified thread.

I just got 4 nymphs a week ago from a forum member.

yes meagan thats what I meant, and thank you all maybe I wasn't looking in the right places

yeah, I'm not quite ready for any yet though I still need to figure out the specifics of their enclosure, etc.

Latest posts