What to do...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddhistsoldier88

Reaction score
In my basement i could esily keep an orchid. Its around a constant 80F and 80% hum. My question is do i NEED to spray for some giant asians and will too much humidity kill my ooths? Do i spray or what?

I have found I can keep orchids just like most other mantids. I keep them at room temp and spray every other day. I keep a bit of moist spaghnum moss in the enclosures. You can keep them down there if you want but I don't think it will be needed.

Do the same for the Giant Asians. Keep ooths under the same conditions as the adults.

I don't think you need a wet substrate, since the air is 80%. I think you could spray, a couple times a week, for water, but it really doesn't need too much because of the food.

For ooths, I heard that too much water could kill it, so....maybe not?

let me rephrase...the humidity and temp is at around 80% the whole time... should i spray?
Probably not but I would anyways at least once a week.

so is my ooth dead? 100% is the same as precipitation... should i be worried...i spray and then it really jumps to 100 and Oh-so-slowly down to the 80's....

You don't have to mist them in that humidity. At 80% humidity and above 80F, bet your basement has mould on the wall!
Yep im sure it does...but it just goes with weather..its so fricken freezing in the winter!!! :shock: :shock: sometimes it gets down to -20 F (outside). It does have some mold cuz the dadgum thing leaks...and floods.... :roll: :roll: so no need to mist then? great! but i have already...is my ooth in danger of being dead?

Latest posts