What's on your wish list?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meaganelise9

Reaction score
What mantis species are on your wish list for the future (not necessarily excluding ones you've kept previously)? I dare you to go to the mall and tell Santa.

Of those I've already kept, I'd maybe get more Oxys and B. Mendicas (and maybe breed mendicas). For those I haven't kept, (when my 'mantidarium' isn't so occupied) I'd like to pick up some Brunner's this year maybe. They have cute lil' heads. I've always wanted an Orchid. I'm trying to incubate a Theopompa ooth, and I think I'll get some Chinese into the zoo, maybe next to the phasmids and hissers. Lately, I've been checking out plistospilota guineensis, though I'm still too intimidated by the difficulty.

I have some awesome tropical moss I use in my frog tanks that those little mantids wod look awesome hanging out on! I think I'd make anvil with just abig horizontal branch with some twiggy side branches all covered in moss

Of those I've already kept, I'd maybe get more Oxys and B. Mendicas (and maybe breed mendicas). For those I haven't kept, (when my 'mantidarium' isn't so occupied) I'd like to pick up some Brunner's this year maybe. They have cute lil' heads. I've always wanted an Orchid. I'm trying to incubate a Theopompa ooth, and I think I'll get some Chinese into the zoo, maybe next to the phasmids and hissers. Lately, I've been checking out plistospilota guineensis, though I'm still too intimidated by the difficulty.
What is the difficulty with Plistospilota guineensis?

Good luck with the Theopompa ooth! I'll take some nymphs!

My wish list:

A cool boxer species,cool moss species and...

Schizocephala bicornis

Schizocephala_bicornis_by_Blepharopsis.jpg

Harpagomantis discolor

pd1877220.jpg

Hypsicorypha gracilis

empusa5.jpg

Choeradodis stalii

200621914214698.jpg

Empusa (pennata or fasciata)

empusa.jpg

Plistospilota guineensis

birdfly600x450.jpg

Precarious, I had no idea I wanted those species you posted until I saw the photos you posted. They look like they'd be wonderful mantids to photograph. There are just too many beautiful or interesting species out there.

Precarious, I had no idea I wanted those species you posted until I saw the photos you posted. They look like they'd be wonderful mantids to photograph. There are just too many beautiful or interesting species out there.
Well keep your grubby paws off! Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!

:p If I get some you know I'll share.

I'm told they drop dead unexpectedly.
I didn't experience that. I had 2 L1 nymphs. One made it to adult, the other fell molting to sub. He lived but had a worse molt to adult and I had to put him down.

My buddy just raised 2 to adult as well. The problem we both had is they were all males. Very disappointing.

We definitely need these cultured here in the US.

I didn't experience that. I had 2 L1 nymphs. One made it to adult, the other fell molting to sub. He lived but had a worse molt to adult and I had to put him down.

My buddy just raised 2 to adult as well. The problem we both had is they were all males. Very disappointing.

We definitely need these cultured here in the US.
They are kinda neat, just like a bigger Chinese. If Santa is taking requests, much better to ask for the Choeradodis or Schizocephala ;)