What's the biggest type of Mantis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yen's specimen is Toxodera maxima. Both T. denticulata and T. beieri are slightly smaller, with T. beieri being almost as large as T. maxima.The specimen in the first pic is Paratoxodera marshallae.
Thanks for the info Christian. Another new name for me.

Shaik, your guess is closer than my original thought haha! Sorry for the confusion Bro.

Yen's specimen is Toxodera maxima. Both T. denticulata and T. beieri are slightly smaller, with T. beieri being almost as large as T. maxima.The specimen in the first pic is Paratoxodera marshallae.
That's very good info right there Christian. Much appreciated!

No worries Yen!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a thread some time ago and I haven't been able to find it. It was a Guess the Weight type thing, with several mantises on a scale. Hierodula was second heaviest, but another was even bigger. Chinese mantis in comparison was half the weight of Hierodula.

this topic is niiiiiice lol any updates on toxo.info? Yen where did you get your specimen? Share your contact's info or re-sell to me I would love a dried specimen.