What's your favorite thing about mantises?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that they're not needy and are fine with spending time alone. Same thing I like about cats. Dogs are just too much for me.

I also admire their strength and speed as hunters. If you sized them up a great deal, you would end up with dragons :)

I like that they're not needy and are fine with spending time alone. Same thing I like about cats. Dogs are just too much for me.

I also admire their strength and speed as hunters. If you sized them up a great deal, you would end up with dragons :)
I like it when you poke their abdomen and they'll look at your finger like it's the single most offensive thing on Earth. 

From Alien, 1979

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
Lambert: You admire it.
Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

From Alien, 1979

Ash: You still don't understand what you're dealing with, do you? Perfect organism. Its structural perfection is matched only by its hostility.
Lambert: You admire it.
Ash: I admire its purity. A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
If it moves, it is nom noms. 

I like it when they observe their surroundings by looking all around and swaying back and forth. Its also really cool when they threat display.
That's also one of the things I love as well. It's always interesting to see them be curious about their surroundings even if it is just to observe. I love it you can be doing literally nothing and their head will just snap towards you. When one of my Otomantis does it, it's the cutest thing ever. It's like a little cat glaring at you. 

mine probably judge my constant singing, tendency to run around my rearing setup naked, and incessant consumption of diet coke! like if I run out of cold diet coke in the fridge I'll doordash a large from 7-eleven or mcdonald's...
We all have our vices. Coffee is mine if you've noticed my mantises names. I can't go a day without at least 2-3 cups. Also running around your setup naked is entirely valid. The only reason I can't do that is because I still live with my family. 

Mantises are just bug-cats that live to judge us. Might as well have some fun while they do it. 

We all have our vices. Coffee is mine if you've noticed my mantises names. I can't go a day without at least 2-3 cups. Also running around your setup naked is entirely valid. The only reason I can't do that is because I still live with my family. 

Mantises are just bug-cats that live to judge us. Might as well have some fun while they do it. 
I drink 8-20 cups of espresso a day

it started when my trauma made it hard to sleep so I compensated by drinking coffee, then I used coffee to suppress my appetite when my eating disorder first developed (fun fact if you go long enough without eating you stop feeling hungry)

now i'm a high-strung and stressed grad student who relies on caffeine just to function

i drank 3 espresso shots and then fell back to sleep just this morning!

I drink 8-20 cups of espresso a day

it started when my trauma made it hard to sleep so I compensated by drinking coffee, then I used coffee to suppress my appetite when my eating disorder first developed (fun fact if you go long enough without eating you stop feeling hungry)

now i'm a high-strung and stressed grad student who relies on caffeine just to function

i drank 3 espresso shots and then fell back to sleep just this morning!
I occasionally drink entire pots of coffee just for the heck of it but woah dude. That's intense. 

Latest posts