What's your favourite mantis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like these big chunky ones like Sprodomantis because I like to hold them in my hand once in a while and they are tough buggers that don't easily die in captivity.

When it comes to collectors items I'm a Empusa fan. They're the closest thing to my idea of what a mantis should look like.

I'm currently in love with Java Shields. Beautiful, spunky, and easy.

But I do have a soft spot for Chinese too. Something about watching a huge mantis molt into something even bigger, and take out a roach nearly as big as itself, is awesome. Course I've always been partial to sharks and tigers too.... Something about big, tough predators is thrilling. Creepy, I know. ;)

My favorite type of mantis would be the..... Hey wait a minute! This Topic doesn't go here! ... PETER!!! RICK!!! :lol:

Strangely enough I have to say my favorite mantid is the common Chinese Mantis. Its big, strong, easy to handle, easy to care for, and fun to watch.

EASILY Idolomantis diabolica and ghost mantids. Mostly because of their size, colors, and shape. I have seven ghost nymphs right now.

There is another thread like this one already isnt there???

Well my favorites are Unicorn Boxer Mantis and S. Limbata's. Gongylus would be a very close 3rd.

I have to say my new favorite is the orthodera minstralis as I think i have some but they came from new zealand anyways and also liked the gambians and shields but theres other species I like but would love to actually own or have some parymenopus davisoni mantis or try again with thistles or orchids!

Latest posts