When T. Sinensis hatch?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvalenz

Reaction score
I saw some wild T . Sinensis ooths over the winter and wanted to see how they are doing. When do T. Sinensis hatch in the wild? What month?

That depends on your local climate and the conditions of that year. They are L3 here in my yard. Just saying June or July isn't accurate nor is it informative. I usually see them hatch in March around here but they got a late start due to the cool spring weather.

I'm in southern illinois. It has been in the upper 70's to mid 80's. Humidity is probably around 65% or so. I went back to where i saw them and someone came and cut the bush's back and now I can not see any ooths. There may still be some in there somewhere.

I'm in southern illinois. It has been in the upper 70's to mid 80's. Humidity is probably around 65% or so. I went back to where i saw them and someone came and cut the bush's back and now I can not see any ooths. There may still be some in there somewhere.
My brother lives in Marion. I'm sure they have already hatched awhile back down there based on what I have heard about your weather.

I saw a nymph about 30 minutes ago in tall grass. My dog just kept making me drop the mantis! So I lost it. I think it was L2 but from what I know it could be L3, it was brown mix with greenish and it was not a lot bigger than the L1 S. carolina nymphs I have now. I have seen L1 Stagmomantis carolina nymphs when there were L3 Chinese Mantis nymphs (I guess L3). It has been hot here for a while but at the night it is kind of cool like inside our house that has no aircondition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts