Where can I buy an Elephant Beetle or a Goliath Beetle online?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadow98684

Reaction score
Anyone know of any breeders or sites online where I can get an Elephant Beetle or Goliath Beetle? I'm particularly partial to the Elephant Beetle.

I found this one in my back yard...

848895_141b_625x1000.jpg

LOL...thats a cool pic but I'm serious. I bought mantids online so logistically I should be able to find a breeder of beetles online...

LOL...thats a cool pic but I'm serious. I bought mantids online so logistically I should be able to find a breeder of beetles online...
From what I understand the laws regarding non-native beetle species are as strict as they are for phasmids. You won't find any exotic phasmids for sale to the US online either. This is because they are potentially invasive.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

In general, if you can't find it for sale that's because it is illegal and the government enforces the ban.

I just had another ooth laid my my third mated female. No ooth from mated female #2 and she is GINORMOUS.
If you have a large plant put her on it and she will lay within days. I find many of my large species refuse to lay unless they are on my ficus tree. Works every time.

Latest posts