Where can you buy exotic mantids in the US?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have bought a few nymphs off of UK's Ebay, but I was wanting to know where are the online sites in America for Mantids?

I want an Orhid, or a spiny flower, or something cool and exotic, I had a ghost mantis nymph, but he died. I now have millions of fruit flies with no one to eat them.

Any American suggestions???

Thanks,

Leigh Anne

;>

Mantid rearing isn't big in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh there are just mantids aren't always available all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping mantids can be a bit expensive as they must frequently be shipped express overnight and also they often need heat or cold packs. Often if they are shipped other than express they just die in transit :(

Shipping mantids can be a bit expensive as they must frequently be shipped express overnight and also they often need heat or cold packs. Often if they are shipped other than express they just die in transit :(
Thank you everyone I am on that site now, and I will just pay the shipping, as I want them healthy and happy upon arrival.

I am used to shopping around and finding the best prices, bur it doesn't seem like the US has a very competitive market for Mantids.

I already have a 90.00 shopping cart filled up.

Thank you all for your advice.

I appreciate it.

~LA

My last pet RIP (spiny flower nymph - very very small Rabbi)

watching-over-you.jpg

You might also want to consider raising mantids from an ooth. Ooths are often the most economical way of purchasing mantids and can be shipped Priority, saving you about $20. Also, the newly hatched nymphs will apreciate all those fruit flies you have.

And the intro forum is a good place to start so we know who you are.

You might also want to consider raising mantids from an ooth. Ooths are often the most economical way of purchasing mantids and can be shipped Priority, saving you about $20. Also, the newly hatched nymphs will apreciate all those fruit flies you have.
I guess I never considered that b/c I always assumed that you had to have separate containers for everyone, and that could take up a lot of space. I mean there could be tons of little nymphs potentially. right?

I bought some of those for my yard, and I am pretty sure that they never hatched either. Maybe I didn't do something right.

Thank you everyone I am on that site now, and I will just pay the shipping, as I want them healthy and happy upon arrival.I am used to shopping around and finding the best prices, bur it doesn't seem like the US has a very competitive market for Mantids.

I already have a 90.00 shopping cart filled up.

Thank you all for your advice.

I appreciate it.

~LA

My last pet RIP (spiny flower nymph - very very small Rabbi)

watching-over-you.jpg
Love that pic.

Latest posts