Where did/do you buy your dubias?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotsuoy

Reaction score
I want to know what you personally did/do to get your dubias and why!

I just ask because I've heard of a website called Josh's Frogs that's been reported to have great roaches! They just don't have any breeding adults for sell! I'm not in any rush, so I could always get some sub-adults and wait for them to grow, I suppose, and the likelihood of me getting just one sex if I ordered 25 is so very low. I just want a nice place that has good reputation in both animals and shipping practices, and I'd like to order them soon since the weather is nice.

I feel like an expecting mother as I wistfully prepare for frogs. It would also be nice to have some cute dubias! 🥰

I get mine from local pet stores, I never had good experiences with josh’s frogs. They sent me a mutilated hisser one ;(
I've been tempted to just get them from my local pet stores, because I can actually look at the roaches and see their size, guess their age, and evaluate their health, but only two chains sell them here (petsmart and pet supplies plus), and both stores (psp less so) are a bit iffy overall. No specialized stores near me except for aquarium stores!

I did read the feedback here on Josh's Frogs and even though I didn't see anything about dubias, I'm admittedly wary. Sooooo, I think I'm gonna order some isopods and springtails from New England Herpetoculture to test out their shipping practices. They are pretty close to me too, so that's a plus. I'll leave feedback and pictures when I get them!

I don't buy dubias anymore because the few I have left gave me enough young to feed mantids and I don't intend to breed them, but heatwaves make them mate🤣

Same with my hissers, but the few adults I have are no food, but still thinking wat to do  with the  babies.

I bough them from local petshop.

Latest posts