Where to get Red Runner roaches

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystymantis

Reaction score
I have a dwindling colony of Red Runner Roaches and was thinking of getting some more at some point. And I was wondering if there is a good place to get them from. I have tried looking for them online but many of the websites are sold out of them. I did find a few places that have them for sale but I am not sure if they are reputable. I don't want to get them from an untrustworthy place. Is there any place you guys get them that is good?

Yeah I did see some on Ebay. Oh dear that's not fun to be allergic to them. I know people can be allergic to roaches which is one reason they aren't more popular I guess.

And no there are no reptile shows I know of near me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe? I kind of stopped looking though because of the temperatures being super cold. But I found a place called HappyLittleGuys.com and it looks reputable I think.

Maybe? I kind of stopped looking though because of the temperatures being super cold. But I found a place called HappyLittleGuys.com and it looks reputable I think.
They seem legit.  It's hard to tell from a website.  Bugs in Cyberspace carries Shelfordella lateralis as well.  I believe the owner also owns this message board.  I've never read a bad review on them.

They seem legit.  It's hard to tell from a website.  Bugs in Cyberspace carries Shelfordella lateralis as well.  I believe the owner also owns this message board.  I've never read a bad review on them.
yes, Peter does, and I could probably ask him to mail you some S. lateralis in return for some of my Blaberus fusca

yes, Peter does, and I could probably ask him to mail you some S. lateralis in return for some of my Blaberus fusca
They are out of stock on the website that's the only reason I haven't gotten them from him. Bugsincyberspace is where I originally got them from. I would totally get them from there if they were available.

I get my red runners from sgvmantid. Highly recommended. I used to buy from them on ebay, then I got smart and found SGV Mantis on Facebook and I got the quantities I actually wanted for much cheaper.

I get my red runners from sgvmantid. Highly recommended. I used to buy from them on ebay, then I got smart and found SGV Mantis on Facebook and I got the quantities I actually wanted for much cheaper.
Ok I will look into possibly buying them from there. I found a website called SGV-mantis is that it? It is not facebook though.

So I am pretty sure SGV mantis is the right website. Its not the most advanced website, but it does seem legit.

Last edited:
I have a dwindling colony of Red Runner Roaches and was thinking of getting some more at some point. And I was wondering if there is a good place to get them from. I have tried looking for them online but many of the websites are sold out of them. I did find a few places that have them for sale but I am not sure if they are reputable. I don't want to get them from an untrustworthy place. Is there any place you guys get them that is good?
Cape Cod Roaches seem to have some in stock: https://capecodroaches.com/products/red-runner-roaches-colony. I haven't purchased from them though.