Where to look for missing crested gecko

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brancsikia339

Reaction score
This morning, I wake up to find my crested gecko cage open. He got out and no one can find him. Does anyone know where I should look or what I should do? Please NO off topic discussion I seriously just need answers.

You think? My dad searched for 2 HOURS today
he will turn up when you least expect it. also, because they are more active at night, you will need to look for him more at night when he is out of hidding and looking for food.

you'll be fine. he'll turn up in a day or two. he will be thirsty, so mist him greatly the rest of the night once you find him.

Harry

Well back in September a garter snake got out and I was repeatedly told I would find him. Six months later still no garter snake. I hope you guys are right, for my geckos' sake

Look in little places you would never find them. Such as behind bookcases. Here is my guess. I would suspect he is still in your room if you kept the door closed ever since you found the cage open.

I your room is messy, I recommend cleaning it. So you can easily look through stuff. Also if you clean you might find him then

You can set an alarm every few hours throughout the night and check. I had this happen once years ago, I put plastic walmart bags all over the room (flattened them) on shelves and whatnot. In the night I heard him crawling on one of the bags. This was in a bedroom so wasn't a huge area to cover.

I lost an african fat tail gecko for 5 months once, found him sitting under a toilet several hundred feet and 2 floors below where his enclosure was. Anyways he was fiine, just hungry and thirsty, and had a puny tail at that point.

What worked for me is wait till about 10 pm and sit in the middle of the room with all lights out. Just listen from movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
once, i put one of those crix boxes in the firebelly toad cage

the crix crawled out and all so i threw the box away

half hour later i hear noise in the garbage bag

one of the male toads was in the box when i threw it away :lol:

he was fine and happy to reunite with the others

Latest posts