Which mantid in SE Asia is totally brown with bright yellow eyes

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calng424

Reaction score
I found a brown mantis with yellow eyes it got stuck in one of my carnivorous plants . but i managed to save it . It is very injured now :( .

''calvin'' is very cool :huh:

I have no pics but it look like

Last edited by a moderator:
mantis.jpg

it's not a Hierodula sp.. Judging by its head shape/morphology, it looks like a Tenodera sp. of some sort.

sais nothing
I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but if you look carefully at the photo posted by Calvin and your Hierodula's head and raptorial arms, you can clearly see the differences.

Here's a direct potrait shot of a Tenodera (Thailand) sp:

2422258596_f3069e1b39.jpg

Looks like Tenodera aridifolia (not the Chinese mantis, but the "real" aridifolia). But it's hard to say from that photo and was more a guess.

Based on post 5 im not sure if post 6 is a shot of the mantis in question or what calvin thinks it kinda looks like... and we all know there are so many tiny details that only some of the experts on this board can distinguish that even if we determine the sp. of the mantis in Calvin's photo, we still wont know what mantis Calvin actually has.

Please try to get us a picture of the actual mantis you found plaease Calvin.

Thanks.

The mantis i found died but it did lay an egg case in its glass bowl , funny because it is quite young maybe sub-adult . I found it near water , just said if it helps it looks more like the chinese mantis though , if the egg case hatch i will post pics after a few sheddings . :)

:lol: :lol: how can it make an ootheca if its immature, did it have wings?

It must be adult :)

only adult females are capable of laying ootheca. It's impossible for a 'subadult' female nymph to lay an ootheca

Latest posts