Who has traveled abroad?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guapoalto049

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of doing an internship abroad. Some of the areas I'm considering are Singapore, Peru, and Tanzania. If anyone has been to any of these places and has some advice, let's hear it.

Who on here has done any type of travel to different countries? Where have you gone, what was your experience like?

Never been to those places, but I have traveled to Hong Kong many times. My mother is from there and I used to spend every summer (for a couple months) there from the time i was born until I was 17. I honestly loved it. I used to love going to the amusement park that covered one of the mountains and to the Peak. I have never been a big city kind of person, but I think everyone should experience different cultures and countries in their life. I actually plan on traveling to Europe this summer for a few months. I am saving to do it now before I head off to University of Washington to finish my degrees.

I've done some very extensive travelling in my short life, I am very lucky.

Peru is gorgeous, you get many lovely ecosystems within a small country. If you have time, you arn't that far from the Galapagos, and that is one of the most wonderous places I've ever been. You also have Maccu Pichu there, fantastic!

Never been to Tanzania, but I've been to South Africa 3 times, amazing place to say the least, filled with life of all sizes and shapes. Africa is always a great choice. Should check out Gabon too, Luongo National park is supposed to be one of the most unique/best game reserves in the world. I plan to get over there soon myself.

Singapore is great, not much nature though, and very developed, but CLEAN!!!! You can hop over to Indonesia/Malaysia/Borneo though pretty easily from there, and the rainforests there are some of the best in the world. There is also wonderful marine life in the area, if you are into that.

Anything else just ask, I love to help a fellow traveller out.

Latest posts