Who likes the county fair?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patrickfraser

Reaction score
I'm going to the LA County Fair with my BFF, Abby, and she's bringing the baby! :clap: I couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous godchild. He is the most adorable thing. He's got these little cherub lips that are so precious, his curly hair is to die for, and he is personality+. Enough about Liam., but here's a picture from the Jungle Cruise at Disneyland a couple of months ago

DSCN7496_zps24fd6c96.jpg

It is almost a tradition to go to the LA County Fair every year. Lots of memories have been made in Pomona over the years from getting lost as a child (If we got lost, we would go to the "big clock" to regroup), to riding the skychairs as adults with my brother (who has since passed) and BFF, Abby, sneaking a toke. Now, today, with Liam's very first visit. I'm gonna love showing him all the animals and taking him into the petting zoo. He's not much of a communicator, but you know what he likes and doesn't like. :lol: There I go again, doting on about my godchild. It is probably the closest I am going to get to being a father and I love him so much. You know there will be pictures tonight.

Does anybody else have fond memories of the county fair?

Anybody know what this years craziest fried food is? I'll let you know what I find. I rarely eat much there, as the food is pretty nasty. BUT...I LOVE me some roasted corn on the cob, LOTS of butter.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
The Washington County fairgrounds is just about two miles from my house. I'm sure it's much smaller than your county fair. I went one year because they had helicopter rides. We went a few years ago to eat the food. There isn't much else we like to do at the county fair. BUT we go to the Minnesota State Fair twice during the fair every year. Roasted corn is my favorite food there. You could spend a day just going through all of the buildings with merchandise. We usually go to eat our favorite foods, see the bunnies, and listen to a band we enjoy.

Your godchild is getting so big, and he sure is adorable.

Have fun!

My favorite time of the year is fall and there is no end to the awesome fairs up here. My BFF and I go every year :)

When I was a kid it was great, these days no.

It's different when you are an adult I agree. We mostly go I think just because of tradition now and it gives us some girl time together. It's the only time of year you can get certain foods and I allow myself a fried dough and some fair french fries without guilt. I always check out the poultry barn and then miss growing up with all my ducks, chickens, geese,doves and pigeons >.<

Did you and Liam enjoy the fair?

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I forgot to mention that I like to spend time just people watching at the Minnesota State Fair. By the way, I was actually googling the Minnesota State Fair to keyword some photos to upload to one of my stock sites. They say that it's the largest state fair in the US by average daily attendance.

I avoid the deep fried candy bars and "Big Fat Bacon" on a stick though...

Minnesota State FairFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[SIZE=small]/ 44.9857750; -93.1684361[/SIZE]

The Minnesota State Fair is the state fair of the U.S. state of Minnesota. Its slogan is "The Great Minnesota Get-Together." It is the largest state fair in the United States by average daily attendance.[1] It is also the 2nd largest state fair in the United States[2] by total attendance, trailing only the State Fair of Texas, which generally runs twice as long as the Minnesota State Fair.[3] The state fairgrounds, adjoining the Saint Paul campus of the University of Minnesota, are in Falcon Heights, Minnesota, midway between the state's capital city of St. Paul and its largest city, Minneapolis, near the Como Park and Saint Anthony Park neighborhoods of Saint Paul. Residents of the state and region come to the fair to be entertained, exhibit their best livestock, show off their abilities in a variety of fields including art and cooking, learn about new products and services, and enjoy many different types of food—often on a stick. The fair runs for twelve days from late August into early September, ending on Labor Day. In 2009, attendance was 1,790,497, equivalent to about 34% of the state's population. That was up almost 100,000 from the previous year. In 2010, however, total attendance dipped by 14,000 to 1,776,211 despite setting daily attendance records on three days.[4]

We all had a good time. Liam started the day having a fit once he saw me and was wailing on the drive to the 99 cent store. We had to go there to pick up some school supplies for donation at the fair for free entry. You should have seen all the people with 99 cent store bags. :lol: You could pay $14 to get in or donate 3 unwrapped school supply items. DUH! When I returned from the store he saw me and started wailing again. Me and Abby just laughed about it and he finally went down for his nap.

When we got there he was still napping and transferred to the stroller. He woke up transformed and in good spirits while in the botanical section. I didn't get too many pics, as I was just busy enjoying the day and interacting with Liam. I got home at 10pm and was exhausted.

As promised, here's Liam:

Being "squirmy" during a cooking demonstration.

DSCN7639_zps2eded313.jpg

At an EXCELLENT animation exhibit:

3006c7f8-6fd0-4ba5-bdd4-9ad3b61b0697_zpsebc74552.jpg

f69d727e-703d-40b9-8883-8e018da560cb_zps6d00d3f7.jpg

And here are the fried foods. Just check out that menu board and the people in line. A picture speaks a thousand words. :lol:

DSCN7643_zps826b149b.jpg

DSCN7645_zpsac8f2a5a.jpg

DSCN7647_zps6cc2c9b6.jpg

Deep fried watermelon? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts