Why do mantids usually come earlier than the shipping companies say?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_American

Reaction score
Why do mantids usually come earlier than the shipping companies say? It's a good thing, but I just wonder. Sometimes you are so inpatient for the order and think you have to wait another day because it's stated to arrive the next day, then "Ding Dong" theres your mantis/es! A day earlier! Does it have anything to do with the seller or the shipper. Even though it's very nice.

Well I guess thats all good, UNLESS your not home that day when they come early!!! I always check the tracking to be sure, you don't want your mantis to go back to the PO and come the next day if you can help it, LOL

They play tackle football with your package (the package is the ball) when that happens. ;)

I know the post office tends to over estimate the delivery times. Its always better to get a package early than late!

Generally speaking, the closer you are to the seller, the quicker you will get your package. Priority estimate is 2-3 days, but I've gotten things as quickly as the next day...from Iowa, no less!...which is not even adjacent to us. If you are expecting live stuff in your order, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the tracking. If there's any chance that you might not be home to receive the package on that day, it's best to have it shipped to either your business, a friend, neighbor or relative who would be home, or leave a message for the carrier to leave it with a trusted neighbor.

Signature Delivery can be your friend. ;)

The reason why is on volume, if the package is sent on a monday or day after a holiday, the volume of packages is greater than the days following a holiday or weekend, which stands to reason as no mail is being delivered on those days. So with the greater volume, packages are sent off to be delivered and it is catch up date for aLL deliveries! Even priority mail will usually get there overnight.

Generally speaking, the closer you are to the seller, the quicker you will get your package. Priority estimate is 2-3 days, but I've gotten things as quickly as the next day...from Iowa, no less!...which is not even adjacent to us.
Thats funny! I have experienced the oposite. If i were to send a package Priority shipping from the Bronx to California. It would always arrive a day earlier then if i ship Priority to Long island. :lol: I think certain postal zones have different time deliveries. I once tried shipping a package to Rick express. They told me it would not arrive the next day, but the day after. When i asked why? The told me it has to do with his postal zone? :rolleyes:

They play tackle football with your package (the package is the ball) when that happens. ;)
LOL Here's a joke I came up with for what the UPS guys do:

Pretend David Attenborough's saying this while crouching behind a bush.

"Here we have the rare UPS employee. Watch as this amazingly elusive but incredible creature sprints from his vehicle, drop-kicks the package to the door, hides it under a much-too-small doormat, and sprints back trying not to be seen. I hope you enjoyed this rare opportunity to see a UPS worker in action."

Seriously, that's pretty much what they do except for the drop-kick part. I don't even know what our UPS guy looks like he sprints back so fast. But my mom says we have the same guy every time. He really does try to hide a three-foot-tall package under our tiny doormat. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally speaking, the closer you are to the seller, the quicker you will get your package. Priority estimate is 2-3 days, but I've gotten things as quickly as the next day...from Iowa, no less!...which is not even adjacent to us. If you are expecting live stuff in your order, it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the tracking. If there's any chance that you might not be home to receive the package on that day, it's best to have it shipped to either your business, a friend, neighbor or relative who would be home, or leave a message for the carrier to leave it with a trusted neighbor.

Signature Delivery can be your friend. ;)
Yeah, I got the ghost nymphs like two days after you shipped them to me. And I live two states North of you, so they're pretty good about quick delivery.

Latest posts