Why Do You Love Mantids?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MantidBro

Reaction score
Why do you guys love them?

I love them for a lot of reasons.

Before I ever realized mantids could be bought through the internet, I used to wish badly that I had one, because I often browsed through pictures and found them to be unique and beautiful. I read that some considered them Godly and all-knowing (I realized I felt the same way after realizing how well they could see - I don't consider them Godly but I consider them to be very aware of their surroundings, which is what I mean by they are all-knowing).

Once I bought one, I was glad to be able to observe such an incredible species.

I love mantids for the following reasons:

. They're intelligent.

. They're adaptable.

. They're resilient.

. They're superior.

. They're alien-like.

. They're damn cute.

. They're innocent.

. They're beautiful.

. They're funny.

I love them because they are so, so beautiful and they look like they do not belong here, on this planet!

I mean, I just look at them and think, that can not be real!!

How is that real?!

So gorgeous.

I love them because they are so, so beautiful and they look like they do not belong here, on this planet!

I mean, I just look at them and think, that can not be real!!

How is that real?!

So gorgeous.
Exactly! :)

I love them for all the reasons above. Plus, people dont give mantises enough credit when it comes to how awesome of a pet they can be.

I love them for all of the reasons above, plus a few other reasons. One is that they are so exotic compared to those "exotics" such as iguanas. Another reason is because to those people outside of this hobby, they are so misunderstood.

They are little and cute, are exotic but easy to care for, and it reminds me of my grandpa, he used to have a garden and had a bunch of praying mantises around to eat all of the bugs :)

I love mantids because they don't tell me to mow the lawn.

Just kidding. Because they are so cute. And they look up at me with those big eyes as if to say, " are you my friend "?

I love them for all the reasons above. Plus, people dont give mantises enough credit when it comes to how awesome of a pet they can be.
I know, people who don't like bugs think I'm gross, I'm like... HOW?!

I love them for all of the reasons above, plus a few other reasons. One is that they are so exotic compared to those "exotics" such as iguanas. Another reason is because to those people outside of this hobby, they are so misunderstood.
They definitely are exotic. :)

They are little and cute, are exotic but easy to care for, and it reminds me of my grandpa, he used to have a garden and had a bunch of praying mantises around to eat all of the bugs :)
Good reasons. :)

I love mantids because they don't tell me to mow the lawn.

Just kidding. Because they are so cute. And they look up at me with those big eyes as if to say, " are you my friend "?
Lol

They are definitely cute.

All of the above, plus they are so much more awesome than other bugs. You just can't get the same effect with a grasshopper! They actually seem to have personalities and they make great pets. They are relatively long-lived and intelligent for insects. Also it's fun to watch them eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the above, plus they are so much more awesome than other bugs. You just can't get the same effect with a grasshopper! They actually seem to have personalities and they make great pets. They are relatively long-lived and intelligent for insects. Also it's fun to watch them eat.
EXACTLY TO ALL STATEMENTS MADE. Lol

Latest posts