Would a reptile terarium work?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie

Reaction score
It has everything, moss,the light since the temp isent always warm in my house,some twigs  stuff. Its not cheap a hundred bucks but i would do it.

I will be getting chinese praying mantis 1 to 2 inches.

That would work for a lot of mantids. Any photos of the setup? I would make sure to not let crickets lose in the enclosure cause crickets can eat your molting mantis. 

Havent picked one out yet i get it next week doing some study and searching around.

One of the set ups I have for my chinese mantises when they get bigger is a 5 gallon tank with a plastic mesh top and light. I use coco fibre as the substrate. You can get the plastic mesh (plastic canvas) at Walmart, it's inexpensive. Hope this helps!

It's just a regular aquarium light as far as I know, adds a little extra warmth. Because they're small right now I have them in separate cups in the tank. Before I put them in there they were just on my desk at room temperature and they did fine. I know warmer temperatures help them moult faster though. But if the room you have them is in drafty then getting a heat lamp would be a good idea :)  

Latest posts