Would you like some mantids to go with your tofu?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eww. I'm glad we have so many choices of food available in Singapore and insects are not on the list!

You know, I've seen alot of "bug eating shows" in my day, but never with mantids.

It's kinda gross.

And I have never eaten a bug.

Not even one of those "The neighbor kid double dog dared me to" things.

You know, I've seen alot of "bug eating shows" in my day, but never with mantids.It's kinda gross.

And I have never eaten a bug.

Not even one of those "The neighbor kid double dog dared me to" things.
Zoe, you almost certainly have eaten bugs (along with all the rest of us) without really knowing it. There are all kinds of bugs that get processed with commercial food, but are tested and allowed to only have a certain percentage of "not supposed to be there ingredients" (which includes insects and insect parts). Sorry to burst your insect-free food bubble... just don't think about it! ;) :p

Yeah, peanut butter and ketchup have a certain percentage (surprisingly high I recall) of allowable bug matter -- yum!! :blink: Now I will remember this next time I eat a bugbutter and jelly sandwich!

Last edited by a moderator:
Katnapper is right. As a matter of fact chocolate has over 30% insect matter. This is due to the "chigger bug" which eats the bacteria in the cocoa, apparently its saliva I believe helps fertilization in cocoa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts