• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Beetles

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_photo

Reaction score
Looking for any adult beetle. Species not important but the beetle needs to be black with horns.

I need it for a photo project.

Please send me a PM or refer any link where I can purchase from reliable source.

Looking for any adult beetle. Species not important but the beetle needs to be black with horns.I need it for a photo project.

Please send me a PM or refer any link where I can purchase from reliable source.
Dynastes tityus are nearly black when they're damp. BIC has some though a little pricey just for a photo project.

Dynastes tityus are nearly black when they're damp. BIC has some though a little pricey just for a photo project.
What's the going rate for dynastes? Is BIC on here?

Thanks.

Would Hoplia trivialis do? No horns, but the antennae look like tridents =D. Found one tonight. They eat flowers, willow leaves, and some other things.

Would Hoplia trivialis do? No horns, but the antennae look like tridents =D. Found one tonight. They eat flowers, willow leaves, and some other things.
Thanks but it won't work. I need horns like a rhino beetle.

NM...I figured out what BIC was. They're sold out of what I want anyway.
They're not sold out of Dynastes, remember they're nearly black when damp, the yellow with dark spots is the dry coloration. You wanted mazama?

They're not sold out of Dynastes, remember they're nearly black when damp, the yellow with dark spots is the dry coloration. You wanted mazama?
Do the dynastes have a glossy dark sheen to them when they are damp? If so, that might work for me.

I am hoping to get a beetle with the same darkness as the mazama but with horns like dynastes. I guess I could retouch it.

Thanks for the info, Orin.

Latest posts