Yay! Finally hatched!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew

Reaction score
After 21 long days, the wait finally pays off! :D :D :D

First signs of pipping through the shell...

IMG_0421.jpg

About 20 minutes later I find this! :D

IMG_0422.jpg

Another pic

IMG_0423.jpg

Cute little guy. :p

21 days... that must be nice. I dont have anything that hatches in under 3mos, and most take over 6! LOL

I've kept chickens in the past, different breeds. Have been considering it again recently but i'm stuck between that idea and keeping ducks instead, decisions decisions... Good stuff.

Dave

I know what you mean. For some reason it feels longer when you're hatching chickens, lol. My alligator lizard just laid a big clutch of eggs, and those take around 2 months... which is still short compared to critters like chameleons.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi,

Yeah we've got some Veiled cham eggs incubating in the shop at the moment, 3 months so far, plenty more to go :)

Andrew,

What kind of incubator did you use for your chickens? Was it home-made, manual/auto? I'm getting things ready for whatever I decide to keep again, they're going to be in egg form when I recieve them so i'm getting it all setup and ready.

Dave

Its a hovabator incubator, I got it at my local herp show for about $40. You can get them at www.bigappleherp.com, or your local feed store may carry them.

Thanks,

Andrew

Cheers,

havent been able to find one on the net yet in uk(reasonably priced that is) but found a different model for around same cost, cheers for the info.

Dave

Latest posts