yeatzee's macros: Jumping spider close-up

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeatzee

Reaction score
Well I was able to setup a legitimate stack today with my new linear stage :)

Ok so here's stack #2 with the linear stage. All in all, from beginning of the shoot to now, it has taken something like 8 hours of work. Long story short I bumped the setup ruining the stack so i had to start over, my batteries died in both my camera and my flashes so I had to wait for everything to charge mid-stack, stacking takes what has to be close to an hour since my laptop is so slow.... which I had to do three times because I tried to figure out how to make the hairs not have those odd artifacts which i could not undo so I had to start over again each time, and because finally when I had everything ok the computer froze and did not start to work again for another hour or so :shock:

UGH

SO, here's the final result. All in all, very minimal PP just cropping, rotating, RAW to jpeg conversion, and some curves.

Phidippus Audax by yeatzee (now 17, but still learning), on Flickr

60 images stacked, at increments of .05mm. The setup was a Pentax F 135mm F/2.8 with a reversed Pentax F 28mm F/2.8 stacked. The 135mm was wideopen and the 28mm was at I believe F/4. 3 second shutter speed, MLU, two flashes with their own respective diffusers, ISO 100.

What do you think of this one?

edit: some crops

5692096127_1475f91f3b_z.jpg

5692098757_9fbaabd190_z.jpg

The subject is a jumper I've had since it turned adult about a year ago. Its obviously dead now enabling me to do this :D

Totally awesome in composition and in technical execution. Good work. Thanks for sharing!

I'm speachless. Or whatever the written equivilent is.
Ha, well im glad the photo had an impact :)

it looks like it came from a sci fi movie, and a disease I don't want! :lol:
:lol:
It´s amazing the result of that work!!!!!
Thanks

Amazing work!
Thank you

Totally awesome in composition and in technical execution. Good work. Thanks for sharing!
No problem ;)

FIERCE PHOTOS
eek.gif
Ha thanks

Well done, man. You've come a loooong way in the last year! Seriously impressive.
Long time no talk hahahahaha. Thanks kamakiri.

I miss seeing your photo's by the way

Like Kamakiri says, your development has been a delight to watch and is seriously impressive. It's high time that you started submitting some of your stuff to some print or online magazines like this:

http://photoity.com/mindblowing-macro-photography-of-spiders-by-thomas-shahan/
Thanks phil. I know a couple of the photographs on that website actually. Sent them an email just to see how I can get a couple of my shots showcased B)

Latest posts